12. Tzofun

Eating the Aphikoman

12Aphik

After the meal, a search is conducted for the Aphikoman. A prize may be awarded to the one who finds it.

Leader describes the significance of the Lord’s Supper and then, holding up the Aphikoman, says:

This we eat in remembrance of the Passover Lamb. For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you; the Lord Jesus, on the night He was betrayed, took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘This is my body which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” Whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. (1 Corinthians 11.23-24, 27-29)

Reader: (John 6.47-51)

“I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If a man eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Leader offers invitation and prayer.

People share the bread of life.

Home Back Next