Rebirth of Israel

Posted by on May 14, 2018 in Hebrew Roots, Middle East, Peacemaking, Prayer | 0 comments

Rebirth of Israel

“Comfort, comfort my people”

Israel was miraculously reborn as a modern nation 70 years ago on May 14, 1948, one of the most pivotal days in history…

Christians around the world are joining with the people of Israel to celebrate the landmark anniversary of this historic moment in time.

After twenty centuries of exile and persecution, Abraham’s descendants have reestablished national sovereignty on the land that almost 4,000 years earlier God had promised would be their “everlasting possession.” (Genesis 48)

“…I will bring them back to this land.
I will build them up and not tear them down;
I will plant them and not uproot them.”
JEREMIAH 24:6

As a believer, you understand that Israel was chosen by God to be His “light to the Gentiles.” (Isaiah 49:6) Our relationship with the Jewish people is clear — they are the cultivated olive tree, and we are the wild branches God has grafted into that tree. (Romans 11:17-24)

Today, Israel needs our support and love more than ever. It is important that we, as Christians, stand with Israel. It is our duty to care for the Jewish people.

“For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.”
ROMANS 15:27

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *